Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Door Swings Both Ways

After a meeting with the Tatamagouche Shambhala Study Group which was a talking circle allowing folks to express how they are feeling about TCCS (The Current Current Situation) ... yes, this has happened before.  I am playing with the notion of finding a way to write blog posts that support those who are confused by the playing out of events; those who want to see what it feels like to approach the door; and those who want to exit but are hoping to preserve some value(s) gained whilst inside.

I have been near the doorway of Shambhala for almost 40 years.  I never went all the way in but was part of the Directors group for the Halifax Center for 7 years in the 90's.  In that role there was welcoming of those interested and nurturing along the path.  I felt like a kind of pastor during those years, effectively doing that kind of service. 

For me, I will probably leave the organization and remain loosely associated with the local group.  During my investigation of TCCS since late June, I have had a series of realizations about Shambhala that others may find useful or helpful. 

Image result for barbara brown taylor

No comments: